Ajay Shah writing for the mass media (2020)
- The Epidemic of 2020: Setting course for a V-shaped recovery by Vijay Kelkar and Ajay Shah, in the Business Standard and in Marathi in Loksatta, 7 April 2020. kw = health, macro and finance policy in the shadow of Covid-19 for 2020 and 2021.
- Finance to the fore, 6 April 2020. kw = firms survival without revenue, cash on the balance sheet, triage by finance, financial system capability, stress in Indian finance
- Use the private health care sector, 23 March 2020. kw = Covid-19, testing, health care, public financial management, state contracting with private persons. An 8 minute video summarising this article, on Bloomberg Quint.
- It's the incentives, stupid, 9 March 2020. kw = Yes Bank, incentives, banking regulation, private banks, RBI reform, FSLRC, resolution corporation, bank privatisation.
- Happy birthday, Inflation Targeting, 24 February 2020. kw = inflation targeting, monetary policy framework, RBI, CPI inflation, macroeconomic stability, the role of monetary policy.
- The Science of Economics, an episode on the podcast The Pragati podcast by Pavan Srinath, 12 February 2020. kw = methodology of economics, why is knowledge about Indian economics weak, metis, RCT, journal orientation.
- Dodging a bullet?, 10 February 2020. kw = covid-19, china, india, public health, health care, evolution of pathogens, statistical system, epidemiology
- The Theatre of the Budget, with Vivek Kaul on an episode on the podcast The seen and the unseen by Amit Varma, 9 Feb 2020. kw = budget process, public financial management.
- Analysing the February 2020 budget, 2 February 2020. kw = fiscal policy, private investment, strategy vs. tactics.
- What can fiscal policy do?, 27 January 2020. kw = how to use fiscal policy in this difficult situation, GST, income tax, primary deficit, counter-cyclical fiscal policy, do no harm.
- The Art and Science of Economic Policy, with Vijay Kelkar on an episode on the podcast The seen and the unseen by Amit Varma, 6 January 2020. kw = the Kelkar and Shah book.
- Worry about the trend growth rate, 13 January 2020. kw = trend vs. cycle, macro policy for stabilisation, the growth episode of 1991-2011, why did trend growth decline.
Back up to Ajay Shah's media page
Back up to Ajay Shah's home page