Ajay Shah writing for the mass media (2013)
These are in the Economic Times except when stated otherwise.
- Gold smuggling explains the decline in the CAD?, 12 December 2013. kw = gold smuggling, misinvoicing, CAD, rupee defence of 2013.
- The spirit of the NPS, 14 November 2013. kw = Pension reforms, consumer protection, aftermath of PFRDA Act.
- The investment technology of FIIs and DIIs, 25 October 2013. kw = security selection, asset allocation, home bias, asymmetric information, deep engagement of FIIs in India, misallocation.
- The 2013 Nobel Prize: Fama, Shiller, Hansen, 14 October 2013, in the Hindu.
- The cleansing of downturns, 10 October 2013. kw = business cycle downturns, productivity gains, creative destruction, firms.
- Rightsizing the State, Independence Day Special Issue of Forbes, 23 August 2013. kw = corruption, public administration, principal-agent problem, market failures, accountability.
- Why did we bumble on the defence of the rupee?, 21 August 2013. kw = failed rupee defence, MoF, RBI, State capacity, institutional reform of fiscal financial and monetary policy.
- Should we have picked this battle?, 7 August 2013. kw = floating exchange rate, costs and benefits of currency policy.
- Re-igniting economic reforms in India: Three key principles, 23 July 2013. kw = market failures and not meddling, rule of law, accountability.
- The attack on the market for the rupee is a mistake, 11 July 2013. kw = RBI and government response to rupee depreciation.
- Who should start a bank in India?, 4 July 2013. kw = family / entrepreneur dominated companies, high powered incentives, entry into banking.
- The four horsemen of Indian policy analysis, 19 June 2013. kw = think tanks.
- Do not mourn rupee fluctuations, 11 June 2013. kw = exchange rate regime, floating exchange rate, business cycle stabilisation.
- Bureaucrats are not stakeholders, 4 June 2013. kw = democracy, consultation, public choice theory, re-organising government.
- SEBI at age 25, 24 May 2013. kw = looking back on SEBI's 25 year journey. regulation, accountability, financial reforms.
- Autonomy for the CBI: Desirable but non-trivial, 16 May 2013. kw = autonomy, accountability, tax administration, criminal investigation, monetary policy, infrastructure regulation, financial regulation, FSLRC, Indian Financial Code.
- Real estate in India is not a great asset class, 11 May 2013. kw = real estate, asset class, supply responses, FSI.
- Protect internet users from DoT's licence fee on broadband services, 25 April 2013. kw = taxation versus regulation, spectrum, single point of authority for tax policy, scarce natural resources.
Back up to Ajay Shah's media page
Back up to Ajay Shah's home page