Ajay Shah writing for the mass media (2021)
- Economic outlook in the second wave, 19 April 2021. kw = covid-19, second wave, macroeconomic outlook, export-led growth.
- Should India change its policy toward China?, The Hindu In Focus Podcast, with Ananth Krishnan and Gautam Bambawale, 12 April 2021. kw = India's China problem, Bambawale et. al. 2021 paper.
- Responding to the second wave, 5 April 2021. kw = India, Pandemic, Second wave, variants, vaccines, lockdown, statistical system, measurement, genomic surveillance.
- How India can meet the China challenge, by Gautam Bambawale and Ajay Shah in the Hindustan Times, 27 March 2021. kw = India's China problem, Bambawale et. al. 2021 paper.
- Is global turbulence likely?, 22 March 2021. kw = taper tantrum, US recovery, global exports demand, inflation risk.
- Price controls for vaccines?, 8 March 2021. kw = price controls, depository participants, reaching remote locations, sarvodaya, antyodaya, vaccine vouchers.
A conversation with Govindraj Ethiraj on this.
- Crypto currencies and conventional currencies will both evolve, 22 February 2021. kw = crypto currency, conventional money, EM currencies, strategic thinking.
- Learning from Gamestop, 8 February 2021. kw = market abuse, short squeeze, short sellers, India, financial markets regulation, sequencing in the construction of state capacity.
- The Tragedy of Our Farm Bills, an episode on the podcast The seen and the unseen by Amit Varma, 7 February 2021. kw = health, public health, agriculture policy, farm bills, policy process.
- Analysing the 2021 budget, 2 February 2021. kw = private investment revival, ideological barriers, central planning problem, rule of law problem, resolution, private sector confidence.
- The bottleneck of government contracting, 25 January 2021. kw = make-or-buy, procurement, contract disputes, contract renegotiation, government payments, procurement law, state capacity.
- Peering into 2021, 11 January 2021. kw = macroeconomic conditions in 2021.
Back up to Ajay Shah's media page
Back up to Ajay Shah's home page